Tutorial 02

I missed out on the first unity tutorial last week so I had double the work to do with the catching up but it ended up being fine. This also means I don't have a blog post for unity tutorial 01 and I don't think there is much point in giving it its own blog if it doesn't count now.

I chose to do the 2D path: Ruby's Adventure. I did 2D in my plc although it was in unreal engine and I didn't complete it as covid hit back then.

The tutorial was easy to follow and i actually enjoyed it being in text instructions rather than watching a video. It was good to see some keywords like sprite and then from last semester with all the other coding we done. When i came to the prefabs, i might've dreaded that part because prefabs were not my friend last semester. They were only in some tutorials but it was enough to make an impression but it was fine. They were made the same as last year and maybe thanks to that it wasn't that bad. And then I read we were using them for the rest of the tutorials which makes sense because it is 2D but I'm calling it now, I'm gonna break something with prefabs.

I didn't get finish the world interactions - blocking movement but I will next time I'm doing them. However i did get to gravity and based on how badly I understood it in 3D last semester, I'm surprised it didn't break my game because it was the main struggle last time.

me when gravity doesn't break my game :)


Comments

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts