Unity 07

 So this week I focused on finding tutorials that relate to my game and following and testing them in unity with my prototype as last week. I spent 20-30 minutes looking at the unity website for what tutorials they offer but I ended up going on YouTube and just typing in exactly what I'm looking for. It was easier this way and saved me some hassle long term. 

The first tutorial I followed was move a cube with arrow keys. A lot of this was somewhat covered in the tutorials we did before but a refresher is handy and it worked out perfectly. 

Make the player/object move - Check!

Next was making the player jump which was week 9's task but I think I overestimated how hard this would be. I think my concern is about assets which is why I expanded on the week tasks. If I get the basics out of the way and done I can make the game look better. 

Make player/object jump - Check!

I looked up some free assets on the unity store and complied a collection of low-poly assist that could be suited for my game. A lot of it is medieval and more props than houses but I have yet to download them and see what they offer. I also need a player and NPC's but they seem too hard to come by. I found some like funky dudes so I might use that for the player and/or NPC's.

Now is to try and make the player talk to an NPC or another cube. Ran out of time during the lab but will probably need to look up more videos and use that to put it into practice next week. 

Some assets I've saved so far that could be potentially used for my game. The art style will probably not be consistent but that is okay as its a simple game.


Comments

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts