Unity 06

 The first tutorial looks at player's animations. First we get to make the player run although there was a similar tutorial a few weeks ago about this. However this week it focused on a Animator class. It links the animation run set in the unity tabs with the script. You can also make the player jump, however he goes a bit wild so I adjusted it to make it slow down. I get to script it so the player dies when he runs into an obstacle and when he does, he falls over. Although he didn't fall over at first but kind of just glitched out existence, It got fixed somehow. Unity amazes me weekly. It was interesting to see the bool, I briefly remember it from PLC but also its a trigger word for getting the cheats in the Sims 2 so that was a vibe.

The next tutorial was about articles and sound effects which i have been looking forward to. I didn't get to complete this during the labs but I finished watching this tutorial and the next one, so I'm going to remember to take them into consideration and practice when creating my game (if I get the chance and that far). I got to make a sound/visual effect of making the particle explode when the player collides with the objects. I was able to choose how it sounds which nice. When putting this in script, my constant mistake is never spelling "obstacle" right. I didn't get far after this in the tutorial but i watched it from here and took notes. I never knew you that you add sound effects to the camera but that makes sense as the camera angle sets the scene(like in movies). It's also important to loop the sound and add it to the PlayerController script. This way we get to make sound effects when the player jumps and crashes.



Comments

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts