Unity Tutorial 02

 Following and using the last unity tutorial, for the lesson, I learnt how to code the car to be able to use the arrow keys (or WASD) to be able to turn the car left or right and make it rotate as it turns. I was also able to stop it from automatically driving and adding code to let me move I forward or backwards myself. The code used more public variables which where then turned to private and I found out we use Strings in the code. I briefly remember them form java (or JS, still don't know the difference).

For the challenge, I had to fix the plane and make it workable following the tasks. The challenge does not have tutorial videos to follow but you use what you learnt while doing the car and apply it appropriately to the plane. I managed to get the plane to go slower and forward instead of fast and backwards but only after failing the first time. The hard part was to make tilt using up and down arrow keys. I left that step for a while and continue on what I could. I got to reposition the camera from the front to look at the side of the plane and then had to make it follow the plane. I went back to the up and down part of the plane to try and make it work.

Coding takes time and practice. I enjoy web development therefore doing C# is interesting. I learn pretty quick when it comes to this but I also always look back on past work because it gives me reassurance I'm actually doing it right and not making something up as I go.



Comments

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts