Unity Tutorial 01

 

The first tutorial was simple to follow. I put it at 2x speed as the video was long and slow, which doesn’t hold my attention, therefore a sped-up version helps a lot. It was a slight hassle to get unity to start and try figure it out. It was similar to Unreal Engine so I already knew some of my way around with the tools and layout. From the second tutorial, I learnt how to do some code in C# (and how to find the # button on mac keyboard) which was the entire main lesson and it reminds me a bit of Java or JS (don’t entirely know they difference if I’m honest). I also got to learn how to make the objects collide and give them mass and speed. So far, Unity isn’t that complicated. It mainly uses one language which is C# and the features itself are easy to understand and find. The tutorials are helpful in getting a start at actually being able to do something rather than having to just sit and listen. You can watch it and do it at the same time (if your screen allows it). From the last tutorial, we coded some more that allows the camera to follow the car from behind and added a tint to out screen when we are in Play Mode vs out of it. It can help make a difference if editing and you forget values. That being said, it was overall easy and fun to do. 
Image by Me

Comments

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts