Game Idea Research

I had to revisit my previous blog about what ideas i suggested because i managed to forget. Short term memory gains a point.

The game idea i'm going to focus on for now,(i don't know if it will change but here's hopes it doesn't otherwise it will literally be like restarting the entire process), will be my fourth game idea where the player is in a town and has to do tasks for others in order to get to his final goal. I think i forgot to mention that in the last blog. The player needs to get an object but they will need to get that object from an NPC and that NCP will send the player on tasks for them and it continues for a while. You've played games like this at least once or seen them done (hopefully, otherwise i'm just really badly explaining my idea.

We had to include 3 types of possible game mechanics for game and i had to look up what that meant and examples. This article helped out a bunch: Basic Game Mechanics

Different types of movement such as jumping, running and obviously walking.

Collecting resources such as pumpkins(not official but the idea)

A scoring system for collecting pumpkins.

I found this video which makes a simple low poly house design:Town/House Unity Im not sure if we are creating our own objects or able to get them premade there this may or may not be useful.

Halfway into this idea, i got feedback about my games brainstorm. My ideas were appreciated (thank you) and i will talk about a second idea just in case the first one doesn't work out (this is more for my future self if needed): This one is about my first idea: The Maze (of doom)

Movement such as walking and running. Crawling is potential but with no idea of what the maze looks like yet. 

A timer that counts down rather than a monster (and seems easier too). If the timer runs out, the door out of the maze closes and you lose.

Collecting coins.



Comments

Post a Comment

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts