Game Brainstorm

 


1.   One of my ideas for a possible game is: a maze. The player has to go through a maze and as I’m writing this and thinking about it, I think it would be a good idea for the player to collect objects or “collectibles”, like coins or stars etc. This could be a multiple level game if that is possible (im not entirely sure what we can or can’t really do and what unity allows but I suppose that’s why we do these). With each potential level the maze can get harder and/or the player cannot finish and leave the maze without collecting all the objects. There can be a door or gate preventing them from leaving until all the collectives are collected. Oh this reminds me of a harry potter game on the ps2 where you can collect jellybeans expect its not in a maze. I came up with this idea(and the rest) by searching up simple 3d games to make and going straight into images. Having visuals to look at make ideas flow so nicely. I also came up with these on my lunch break at work therefore I don’t know what entirely inspired them or how I came to this conclusion as the images itself only provide a small snippet of idea generation. Back to the maze, maybe I could have a monster chasing the player through the maze, like a horror/action game, although that needs more though put into it because I’m not sure how to create a monster that appears at random to start chasing you. Oh but if he catches you the player has to respawn at the start and try again. He won’t lose the collectibles and the monster will respawn at a random point but always behind him, otherwise the player cannot physically complete the game if the monster spawns in front of him. 



2.      A super mario/flappy bird inspired game. I’m not sure if these games have a specific name to them but it’s sort of like my previous idea but not. It’s also not directly inspired from those two games, but they are the only names of the games I know. Basically, you would have a player that has to jump over obstacles to get to the end. They can collect keys to unlock doors to the next area of the game, almost like a new level but its one big level. I’m sensing a mushroom/cactus themed game if I’m honest. I’m not sure if the player would be a mushroom but the little enemies walking back and forth would be mushrooms. The level can be a magical forest and from the unity tutorials, it seems as though you can make the game appear 2D by having the camera in that specific view (knowing names for things isn’t my strongest skill). I’m trying to think if attacking the enemy should be a thing but I’m lacking creativity in how besides setting them on fire. Instead of attacking them, there could be obstacles around the enemies so the player can jump/run/climb/go under them. Trying to make a game interesting while it being simple can be hard because my mindset is sitting on high end games, which is realistically impossible I know. Maybe keys aren’t the best idea for a forest themed level but it can be worked upon. The other option is to collect bugs or flowers (if the level does end up being a forest).


3.Another potential game idea would be a zombie shooter game BUT not with zombies. This is mostly inspired by having made a (really bad) shooter game in PLC but also Call of duty zombies meets plants vs zombies. I was going to suggest another mushroom themed game, but it can also be giant frogs that walk on two legs. I love creepy/horror game, I don’t actively play them myself, but I do watch them and horror movies. Having a horror vibe would be something I want to try but I also know you can have a really cute game be horrifying due to the sudden spooks and adrenaline. The player would kill the enemies as they spawn, and the setting would be in a town. The goal for this would definitely be try and have a cute horror game if that makes sense. Like a child’s horror game. There would be a set of rounds where the player has to kill the enemies and in each round there would be a certain number of enemies you have to kill like round 1 = 20 enemies, round 2 = 40 etc. The player can die and if they do, they will have to restart the round again. If they die more than 3 times, they have to restart the level altogether. I would love to include soundtracks if we can for the atmosphere and then sound for actions (you can hear they player attacking them/ enemies ding etc). This is for all the game ideas, not just this. Considering it is spooky season, i have come to the conclusion the game i will end up making,will be a halloween themed game. So you will definitely see some pumpkins and ghosts.

    The last idea I had was not this idea. I had an idea to make a police chase game inspired by unity tutorials and need for speed, I’ve have changed this last minute. Overall I’m not sure what this game is inspired by but one goal for this is to have an environment like in a town or something magical but spooky. I know games need rules, a goal and other factors. Whereas other games have those and are more in depth with playing them, this is a aesthetic game of simple adventuring. Have a player be put in a town/village and let them explore the village. If unity allows it, the player can talk to NPC’s and have the NPC’s give the player a quest but the player has to go talk to a few npc’s to find out where the quest is eg: the player has to get pumpkins from mr.tom but mr.tom is at the library so he has to go to the library and talk to the librarian and it goes on until he finds mr.tom but then mr tom wants the player to do something for him before he gets pumpkins. As I talk about this game im really remembering Super Mario Galaxy in terms of character and setting design. With it being Halloween, im seeing all these npcs be Halloween related things, but then the environment is also very childlike and cute. Its sort of like childhood games meets the medieval ages meets Halloween. This might be my favorite idea so far. I’m more of a enjoy the aesthetics and environment in a game than fighting for my life even though I enjoy both.

   I know that we can’t create really good games, nor do I know what unity even let’s us do so the idea of a simple game is very board but limited at the same time. When i think of these game ideas, SpongeBob the movie ps2 game and environment and mini levels to say also a thing i'm reminded of and inspired when I look at my ideas. They all come from childhood games and that was a good era of games (also the reason i have anger issues towards games).

image link




Comments

  1. Hi again!
    The third game idea is really interesting. I love shooting games, especially the horror games so I think this would be a great idea for your game design. Many people will be interested in playing it because shooting games interests a lot of people, especially gamers. I know it is hard to design a game since unity is really confusing and complicated but hope when we do the tutorials every week it becomes easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts