Feedback Thoughts

 


7 ways to crush self-doubt: I've read this article and it has some really good points but the main thing i thought about was the fact that to really be able to do this, you need to put it in practice over theory. In theory, it sounds easy and doable but in practice, it actually takes a lot more. Being a perfectionist and trying to leave it behind and not compare yourself and work to others, is honestly a skill. Having a set goal that is actually doable. Like you might have a goal of going to the moon but that's not possible because you aren't studying a course related to this and not working at NASA. To work towards that, you first goal would be to study in that course. You have to be able to accept failure and continue to work forward. This is both a growth mindset and trusting yourself not to give up at the first sight of hardship.


Silence the critical voices in your head: We all criticise ourselves in some form and to be able to learn tp step away from it is hard It can lead you down a rough path mentally and then make it even harder to do work with a constant fear of never being good enough. Having someone be able to look at your work and say,"hey this is good" is actually quite motivating. Having a positive source is important and this article talks all about how finding, hearing, understanding and believing in the positive feedback or comments or vibes can go a long way to being able to say for yourself "This is actually going great, even with its ups and downs!".

Receiving feedback can be a scary thing and one I don't enjoy unless I vibe in that class. Feedback from lecturers one on one is a lot easier to handle than having classmates give you feedback, especially in person.Online feedback is different because from lecturers it's not really helpful but with peers, it's easier. I'm not entirely sure why it is that way. Receiving and giving feedback is sort of a skill you develop through time and practice, quite useful when it comes to bigger projects and requires attention of smaller details. From my experience as a student getting feedback, it wasn't helpful especially when it came to secondary school. Teachers aren't that interested most of the time, as long as you did the work. Except English teachers, they really cared for an odd reason. Like I'm sorry sir, I don't plan on being a writer or public speaker of sorts as a career path therefore please let me be boring in this essay and lie about my exciting life. However in PLC, feedback mattered to me for classes I actually cared about and I only had 3 teachers, therefore I got to know them and be able to ask for help frequently. I also unintentionally picked a seat right next to the teachers desk, so either way I got feedback whether I wanted it or not

Comments

CAT CAFE

Popular Posts